Idea #6 – Baby Moses or Baby Jesus Snack Idea
Isn’t this the cutest snack idea you’ve ever seen?!
To be honest, I’m pretty sure that this was originally created for a baby shower spread, but you could easily recreate it and use it to reinforce a Bible lesson on baby Moses or the birth of Jesus!
To recreate this healthy and delicious edible object lesson, keep the following steps in mind:
1. Cut the basket shape out of a long watermelon.
2. Use a melon baller to hollow out the watermelon. Set watermelon balls aside in a separate dish.
3. Cut a cantaloupe in half. Scoop out the seeds from both halves, but carve the fruit out of only one half. This will serve as the baby’s face.
4. Using the melon baller, scoop out cantaloupe balls from the second half. Set aside.
5. Place the baby’s head in the back of the basket. Cut a red grape in half and use for the eyes. Use left over cantaloupe balls for the nose and ears. Secure the eyes, ears, and nose with a toothpick.
6. Take an old baby pacifier and put it in place of a mouth.
Lastly, fill the rest of the watermelon basket with the left over melon balls and other fruit!
Remember: Always wash fruit thoroughly, and be aware of any food allergies among the kids you teach!