“More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given.”
- Bertrand Russell, English Logician and Philosopher
One of my dreams and goals for Glo Media was to write curriculum for use in Children’s Ministry. I considered all of the ways that typical published Children’s Ministry curricula fell short and was determined to write the first-ever, all-in-one, answer-to-all-of-your-Christian-education-problems curriculum.
As I started to explore this endeavor, I quickly began to understand why Children’s Ministry curricula that was readily available required so much adaptation on the part of the children’s pastor or Children’s Ministry leaders and did not meet the majority of needs within the average Children’s Ministry of a church.
It was all generalized.
In an effort to accommodate as many churches, denominations, and Children’s Ministry formats as possible, a typical published curriculum had to be generalized so it could be adapted to suit any Children’s Ministry format, volunteer teacher, church budget, and doctrine. As a result, I explored a new idea.
A customized Children’s Ministry curriculum.
In writing a customized curriculum for your church or Children’s Ministry, I am able to produce and deliver to you a curriculum tailored specifically to your Children’s Ministry needs and characteristics. When developing each lesson of your customized curriculum series, I can write with the following details in mind:
- Your budget
- The size and age range of your Children’s Ministry program
- The training and teaching experience of your volunteers
- Your facilities
- The resources you have readily available to use
- Your denominational or doctrinal beliefs and traditions
- The spiritual developmental level of the children in your Children’s Ministry program
- Your demographic, community or cultural targets
- The time-frame and the day of the week of your Children’s Ministry program
- Your goals for your Children’s Ministry program
- The style of your church (i.e. traditional, contemporary, multi-site, urban, rural)
Contact me to start a conversation as to how a customized curriculum could benefit your Children’s Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also available for freelance writing for newspapers, magazines, and publications.